Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week 11 in Pictures (Jane)

it felt like Christmas morning when Grace came home to discover a brand new bike waiting for her in her bedroom


the teenage years are daunting at times - if looks could kill....


last one with training wheels, Abbie is getting more and more brave


helping Alex get the bottles ready to fill with hot maple syrup

c'est moi

one little drop at a time

Aunt Mary stoking the fire in the evaporator

peeking out of the sugar shack

Alex & Helen have modernized the gathering process

such serenity here

Isaac and I collecting sap - he worked hard all week and loved it!

dangling on the edge of icy rocks over the rushing stream below the waterfall - all very exciting for the younger siblings who watched with great concern

on our way out to the McRae's sugar bush

Abbie trying her hand at the tin whistle

the first line drying day of spring - I even bought new bamboo clothespins at Kentvale
David sporting a cut knee - expertly bandaged by a fantastic nurse at the hospital

once or twice a year I get a craving for one of these super-sweet puffy delights
.....
Things from this week that I wish I had a picture of:

well, actually, all I really wish I had would be a video of Grace discovering her new bike - her complete surprise and joy was hilarious!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am so jealous of all the maple syruping (new word) that is going on with you and Megan! It looks like a lot of fun. I think you need to post the story behind the new bike for Grace.
Although they are all good, I love the picture of you, the sap dripping and Mary feeding the fire- Good job!

Megan said...

I love the pictures of:

the clothes on the line,
the sap dripping,
Abbie playing the tin whistle with the hat on,
and the one of you- one would never guess your age!! (not that it's old or anything :) )