Thursday, October 18, 2012

Before and After: Back Entry Light

Almost two winters ago Dad & I renovated the back entry - replacing drywall, replumbing, tiling, painting, building shelves & the bench that I love, installing beadboard, hooks, trim.... we almost got the whole thing finished to perfection.  But for two years the light has been dangling from the ceiling by three dusty wires.  I just couldn't find one that I really liked but refused to screw this one into it's former place. 




A few weeks ago I saw a light that I liked from the picture here and tried to find it in Canada.  I couldn't order it from Lowes.ca, but when I called the nearest Lowes (in Sudbury - 3 hours away) they actually had them in stock.  The sales-guy was skeptical at first that they would carry them, but apparently this light was just meant for this spot!!  And it was only $33.00!  Then my sister Megan picked it up for me when she took a trip there a couple of weekends ago!!  Then it sat in the box.  I opened it, read the instructions, and got nervous.  Then I called my brother Fraser who can build or fix just about anything & today all of my lighting dreams have come true! 





Isn't it lovely?

The only thing that really drives me crazy is that I want to learn how to do all of these things without help!!  Wiring is a little scary, but it seems straight forward.  Do most people just install lights themselves, or call an electrician, or a guy they know?  I have two more lights still in boxes....

1 comment:

Katie said...

oooooo! Your new light looks awesome! I love that you took before and after pictures. p.s- you've got mad photography skills....