Friday, February 8, 2013

Where was I?

 Ahem. It's been awhile. My apologies.

And so.....

Here is a little smattering of images from the fall.  A potpourri if you will.

A trip to a pumpkin farm. (Wagon ride, gourds and general frolicking)



 It was really cold and rainy.


This may or may not be a fake smile from Seth. I know I was faking it by the time it was time to go home. I was waterlogged, cold and grumpy. So much so that I took a wrong turn on the way home and ended up on the 401 heading to TO with a wall of transports closing in on me (I didn't have the GPS- my one true love). Some amounts of time later we found ourselves sitting in Tim Hortons having hot chocolate, donuts and a discussion on how to recover from disappointments and all round crappy days. We drove home much cheered and found dinner waiting in the crockpot (I rock, basically.)




Subsequent weeks found us magic showing, trick-o-treating, getting colds, getting over colds, and taking a spontaneous trip to Ottawa (spent my birthday there).







Also, getting fancy and going to Mike's work Christmas party. This isn't the best picture...but you get the idea. Check out a bearded Mike!



We went to a horrible concert. Truly.  It was Mike's birthday present to me. Shortly after it started he leaned over and said "I am so so sorry." I just laughed. I would have left instead of laugh but we were wedged in the middle of the isle. I would have climbed over the seat and into the less-full isle behind us but I was wearing high heels, and a short-ish skirt. So I sat there and made a psychological study out of the whole thing.

We also spent time learning some new things. Like how to replace the sensor in the washing machine.

(See my summer find? Vintage berry tray turned art supply holder. Woot.)









 Toward the end of November we started the Christmas party circuit, cookie making and holiday goings on. Fun.



We also played pictionary by candle light. Just because we can.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You are so awesome! I love the bit about being cold, grumpy, getting lost and making it a postive learning experience for the kids in the end, wow.
Love the lights-candles and christmas lights in the pictures, lovely and warm.