Thursday, November 7, 2013


" Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret".
                                                               ~Ambrose Bierce

This whole parenting gig can really bring a person down.  I don't know about you, but so far I'm finding 14 to be the age of discontent.  When struggling, I generally reach for a parenting book; this week it's "the Five Love Languages of Teenagers" by Gary Chapman. It's a little hokey, but worth the read.  

Do you know your primary love language? Have you tried to determine the love language of your significant others? I think he might be onto something with this whole idea. I'm pretty sure my primary love language is words of affirmation.

Anyway, I came across the above quote in my reading and it struck a chord. 


  


1 comment:

Katie said...

Yeah, I tend to say really dumb things when I'm angry. Good reminder to zip it.....