Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fall Family Photo Shoot

What the freak?  Seriously, what?  What is it about photo shoots that bring out the absolute worst in every single person in my family.  Please tell me it's not just us...  IT   IS   HELL  I tell you.  And for what?  To try to capture all of the LOVE and SWEETNESS and GOOD TIMES in this freak show family of seven.  FREAK SHOW!  

OK.  ok,  Deep breaths.  It's all over for another year, probably.  And maybe there is something here worth all of the tears and snooty comments and hurt feelings and freak-ity freak freak.  

At least the 3D glasses pictures make me smile...








Grace and I went on a photo shoot/apple tasting/nature hike this afternoon.  We popped into the doorway of an old maple syrup shack and took these of Grace.  We had such a nice time - just the two of us.  I need to make an effort to spend more 1-on-1 time with these guys, even just a walk for an hour.  Also,  I need to take pictures of each of the kids this week too, since we rarely order school pictures!





4 comments:

Katie said...

It IS one of the worst things ever- WHY? These are totally worth it though- they are awesome! I'd like to see the glasses one framed and on your wall. It's perfect!

Jane said...

Katie, I ordered a huge (11x14) copy yesterday! It's my favourite one ever. But still, the process is SO painful! It looks like we are having fun, and I can even convince myself that it was, and I guess there were fun moments, but it's really not.

Jane said...

I think that is why that one works, we aren't smiling and that's the most authentic face we could have made. Although I really love the one of just the kids.

Megan said...

I think the self timer on your camera is the key!! No audience, you can just be yourselves, and eventually get the one(s). Awesome.